Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010




Welcome to my ramblings upon wargaming the First and Second Anglo-Sikh Wars. I’ve enjoyed reading about and building the armies associated with this conflict for the past twenty years. I hope to share my interests in, and sources about this; the last of the Napoleonic-style conflicts.

I’m also a bit of an old-style gamer; meaning, 25/28 mm troops, rules that permit formation changes, terrain that is “user friendly”, and rules that are easy to use. I’ve tried Honor and Fortune, Volley and Bayonet, Principles of War and now Lasalle by Sam Mustafa. I must say I like the way the Lasalle rules flow (a bit like PoW) and the layout of the text makes understanding a snap!

So, follow me if you will, into the Indian sub-continent; to fight with mail-clad horsemen, elephants and camels, small guns and large, wild men from the hills and regulars from the Empire of the Singhs. All led forward to the sound of bugle and drum, by the last of the Napoleonic War’s veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment