Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Beginnings of the 1830's Afghan Army to oppose Ranjit Singh.

Recently I was able to score a large quantity of Britannia Miniatures Afghans. About half are armed with melee weapons and the other half with muskets. I'm creating units of 20 figures, half n' half, melee n' musket. They are based in groups of 5 on 3 inch by 1.5 inch bases. These bases will work for many of the rules I like to use. They are painted simply, but with a unifying scarf color, then "dipped" in MinWax Polyshades to protect the paint.



I have three more groups on the blocks for painting, another nearly done. I'll need to find them some cavalry and a few older style guns. This will give me another, earlier theatre to fight. I think my Sikh regulars will fair a bit better against these irregular fighters. We'll see!

1 comment: